WSR is recruiting for a Storage Equipment Installer - (West Midlands)
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate to join their team as a Storage Equipment Installer This role involves working collaboratively with a team of engineers, covering clients in the West Midlands area, with some travelling across the UK to perform installations and maintenance on industrial storage equipment. This presents an excellent opportunity for a candidate seeking career growth within a dynamic organisation.
As a Storage Equipment Installer, you will work within a small team of engineers to complete scheduled installations and maintenance tasks. With a nationwide customer base, the role will require extensive travel, primarily working away from home, with accommodation and a stop-out allowance provided.
Storage Equipment Installer Responsibilities
- Build, repair, and maintain industrial storage equipment on-site as directed by the Supervisor and detailed in the job pack.
- Assist and support the Supervisor on-site, including preparing job paperwork and ensuring adherence to relevant RAMS.
- Conduct safety checks before commencing work, including PPE and work/access equipment.
- Timely communication of work variations to ensure proper costing and approval.
- Engage in on-site learning to enhance skills and industry knowledge.
- Maintain company tools and equipment, reporting issues to the Supervisor or PDM.
- Prioritise customer satisfaction while performing duties to encourage repeat orders.
- Flexibility to work at the convenience of customers, which may include days, nights, or weekends.
- Work at heights and handle manual tasks as integral aspects of the role.
Storage Equipment Installer Requirements
- Strong educational background complemented by a history of continuous professional development.
- Ability to prioritise, develop work schedules, and influence others to achieve results.
- Excellent organisational skills and multitasking capabilities.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of product, work systems, installation techniques, and construction fundamentals in the racking industry.
- Familiarity with relevant H&S regulations in the industrial storage equipment industry, including risk assessments and method statements.
- Possession of a full UK driving license is advantageous.
- Proactive, hands-on, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships through strong communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- 40 hours per week with overtime opportunities.
- Company vehicle provided.
- 23 days of annual leave (increasing to 25 after 5 years of service).
- Health Care Cash Plan (available after probation).
- Company sick pay support scheme (available after probation).
- Employee Assistance Programme, including 1:1 counselling.
- Group Life Assurance – 2x annual salary (available after 5 years of service).
- PERKS retailer discount scheme.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please click ‘APPLY NOW’, or call the WSR Team at 01908 616184 for more info.