WSR is recruiting for a Fabric Cutter in Milton Keynes
Salary - £25-27k DoE.
Temp to Perm Basis.
Location: Milton Keynes
Fabric Cutter Position Overview:
Responsible for cutting fireblock and dressing cover fabric to produce seat cushions.
Fabric Cutter Responsibilities:
- Mark cutting lines around patterns or templates, following layout points using squares, rules, and straightedges.
- Read job orders to determine dimensions, cutting locations, and quantities to be cut.
- Utilise fabric saws, knives, scissors, or other power tools for material cutting.
- Trim excess material using various hand tools or power tools.
- Separate materials according to type, colour, or lot.
- Stack cut items in accordance with job orders.
- Notify management of product defects, including spots, stains, snags, or unacceptable shape or finish.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area; return tools to the designated tool rack.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the department.
- Recognise your role as part of the Company’s Quality Objective.
- Follow established policies and procedures in support of the Company’s Quality and AS9100 standards.
- Act within expected Company standards, including Quality/AS9100 initiatives and environmental, health, and safety matters.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Fabric Cutter Skills:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with leather.
- Proficient in reading and understanding written instructions.
- Capable of following verbal instructions.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to read drawings/patterns.
- Good teaming skills.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please click ‘APPLY NOW’, or call the WSR Team at 01908 616184 for more info.
We appreciate the time and effort invested in your application. While we strive to respond to all applicants promptly, we kindly ask for your understanding in case of delays. If you do not hear from us within 10 days of submitting your application, please assume that, unfortunately, you have not been successful this time.
We will however keep your CV on file and review your suitability against any other vacancies we may have available.