WSR is recruiting for a Transport Administrator Corby.
As a key member of the Transport team, the Transport Administrator is responsible for facilitating effective communication with hauliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring the seamless operation of the Transport and logistics function.
This role involves timely and accurate data management, query resolution, and stock record maintenance. The position also plays a crucial role in managing outbound orders and deliveries through coordination with hauliers and assisting in the management of hauliers via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
The ultimate goal is to contribute to the overall success of the team and company by maintaining high standards of communication, organization, and professionalism.
Transport Administrator Responsibilities:
Communication and Query Resolution:
- Effectively communicate with hauliers and internal contacts to resolve queries.
- Liaise with Warehouse, Planners, and Sales to address general queries and ensure smooth operations.
Order and Delivery Management:
- Manage outbound orders/deliveries through coordination with hauliers.
- Handle the booking, planning, and returning of deliveries.
- Assist in managing hauliers using Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain records and communication with hauliers regarding charges and investigations.
Data Management and Record Keeping:
- Timely and accurately update company systems.
- Maintain stock records and ensure data integrity
- Provide administrative support to the team, covering for sickness/absence/holidays.
- Prioritise personal workload to meet deadlines and report any issues promptly.
Compliance and Team Contribution:
- Adhere to all Company processes, procedures, policies, and standards.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team and company goals as a team member.
Health and Safety:
- Maintain a tidy work area and report any health and safety issues to the Group Health and Safety Manager.
Transport Administrator Experience:
- PC literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a collaborative mindset.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
This is a temporary position with the potential for permanent placement for the right candidate after a minimum of 6 months. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the Transport and Logistics function.
Please call the WSR Team on 01908 616184 or APPLY ONLINE. We’d love to hear from you!
We appreciate the time and effort invested in your application. While we strive to respond to all applicants promptly, we kindly ask for your understanding in case of delays. If you do not hear from us within 10 days of submitting your application, please assume that, unfortunately, you have not been successful this time.
We will however keep your CV on file and review your suitability against any other vacancies we may have available.