Our client is looking for a Software Developer / Applications Developer to join their Banks Applications Support team. Your role will be to develop and update code as well as provide 3rd line application support.
You will be joining a team that supports a set of applications for the Global Market Equity & Derivative, QIS, Fund Derivatives and Corporate Derivatives parts of their Tier 1 Investment Banking client. The areas of the bank being supported include the Front Office/Trading (Cash, Flow, Exotic, Prime Finance), Middle Office, Market Risk and downstream groups who need the data for client and regulatory reporting, plus internal Profit & Loss, and Risk Management.
Essential experience required:
• Proficiency in either Python or Java is essential
• Given the drive for automation and requirement for high quality and reliability, a background in development with experience in DevOps pipelines in an agile environment would be a distinct advantage
• Strong experience with Spring / Maven / Git / Artifactory / SonarQube
• Knowledge of infrastructure, networking, security best practices and automation
• Experience with technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker and cloud providers AWS/Azure/GCP is beneficial
• Experience in performance monitoring and tuning, both at the Java Virtual Machine level and application level - e.g. building reactive data analytics pipelines leveraging historical and live/streaming metrics: Elastic Search, Kafka
The ideal person will have good experience of working within a bank. Experience with Equity and Derivatives and Prime Finance businesses from a trading, order management, pricing or risk management perspective would be a bonus but is not essential
Job role responsibilities:
• Contribute to the delivery of new functionalities, regulatory requirements, automation and optimization initiatives
• Liaise with the leadership, engineering, operations and release teams to automate and guarantee the successful deployment and evolution of the platform and share best practices
• Optimise the utilisation of the existing hardware, provide clarity in term of hardware utilisation, costs and cost reduction initiatives
• Contribute to the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) processes
• Contribute to the production support of the existing applications and provision of timely responses to both direct users and downstream systems
• Contribute to the definition and execution of the future strategic technology solutions, with a focus on migration to GCP
About the company:
Our client is a global Tier 1 company involved in many leading mission critical projects. They are highly regarded within the industry and are one of the largest independent technology & business services firms in the world.
They consider employees as highly valued members of the business and offer extensive progression opportunities for those wishing to move further in their career on a local, national or global scale.