Our client is recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join their friendly team in Milton Keynes.
· Staying familiar with the company's needs
· Making supply orders
· Communicating with the Managing Director and gaining approval for purchasing contracts with new vendors or on new supplies
· Continuously comparison shopping and negotiating to make sure the company gets the best possible prices on needed supplies
· Overseeing supply chain management
· Communicating with suppliers to make sure supplies get where they need to be when they need to be, even when a deadline is tight
· Maintaining a network of professional contacts in order to discover new opportunities for improved deals on orders
· Forecasting demand for certain products and makes orders accordingly
· Checking inventory, tracks how inventory is used, and adjusts purchasing habits in accord with apparent trends
· Keeping a well-organised collection of contracts for easy reference when needed
· Place all orders requested by Project Managers and Production. Ensure they are logged promptly and correctly on the goods in smartsheet and keep in touch with suppliers to ensure they are delivering on time. Communicate with Project Managers and Production to ensure they are aware of progress.
· Manage suppliers so they have regular reviews of their service, ensure any issues and non-conformances are promptly brought to their attention and follow through until resolved satisfactorily and there is a process in place to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Maintain a supplier performance log.
· To raise, place, and track purchase orders with supplier and expedite where required
· To maintain and develop strong relationships with suppliers
· To investigate and manage all discrepancies
· Where required source new suppliers.
Other key requirements include, but are not limited to:
· Creating necessary documentation for shipments
· Communicating with different departments within company
· Provide support to internal departments with any queries or issues relating to exports.
· Complying with Customs formalities
· Problem Solving
· Customer Complaints
· Shipments stuck in Customs
· Missing Parts
· Missing Documentation
· Liaising with freight forwarders to arrange collections
· Receive and record all import documentation. Check and verify accuracy of documentation supplied.
· Chase supplier/buying/accounts for any missing or replacement documentation required
· Providing necessary documentation for customs clearance (invoices, HS codes, deferment authority etc)
· Computer literate
· Excellent Excel Skills
· Excellent numeracy skills
· A good attention to detail
· Be able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
· Experience of ACT/Sage desirable
· The ability to work within a team or stand alone
· Good communication skills
· A can-do attitude
· Work hard, have fun work ethic
What’s in it for you?
· Life insurance 3 x salary
· 23 days holiday (with an additional 1 day per full year employed increasing up to additional 5 days) plus the 8 recognised Bank Holidays
· Free Lunch for all employees.
· Bonus scheme after probationary
· Free onsite parking
Please click APPLY NOW if you are interested in this role, we'd love to hear from you!