WSR is recruiting for a Key Account Manager (KAM) to join our client’s team.
Working remotely with regular client visits and travel to our client’s head office based in Barnsley, ideally, you’ll be living in Sheffield, Leeds, or the surrounding areas.
In this role, you will oversee a portfolio of clients and large projects, cultivating customer relationships and proposing tailored solutions.
Key Account Manager Key Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of high-value accounts and nurture leads from the Business Development team.
- Prepare quotes within tight timelines, ensuring cost efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to optimise project delivery, allocation of resources, and adherence to budgets.
- Maintain and exceed customer expectations through efficient scheduling and resource management.
- Evaluate resource availability before committing to project timelines.
- Manage scope changes and variations, controlling costs and impacts.
- Create and maintain detailed project documentation and data.
- Monitor and report on sales pipeline progress with regular project review meetings.
- Provide technical support to the Sales team as needed.
- Stay informed about key markets, competitor products, pricing, and service offerings.
- Represent a group of companies in the marketplace as required.
Key Account Manager Requirements
- Demonstrable sales experience in a relevant sector.
- Experience delivering customer-focused solutions.
- Storage Equipment/Racking Technical Knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant H&S regulations in industrial storage equipment.
- Understanding of industry products, work systems, installation techniques, and construction basics.
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Willingness to travel to head office in Barnsley and customer sites within the Group.
- Health & Safety Qualifications (e.g., SMSTS).
- Project Planning Experience.
- Engineering or technical qualification.
Key Account Manager Aptitude and Attitude
- Strong relationship-building skills and adaptable communication.
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities.
- Prioritisation and work schedule development skills.
- Collaboration for business improvements and efficiency.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
- Proactive, hands-on, and results-oriented.
- Independence and teamwork capabilities.
- Diligence, tenacity, and problem-solving skills.
Salary range: £40 - £45K
Bonus scheme: non-contractual bonus scheme based on set targets and objectives.
Company vehicle/car allowance.
Location: Hybrid with regular travel to customer sites and head office (Barnsley) for meetings
As part of a rapidly growing group, our client is investing in its people and services for a period of ambitious growth. This is an exciting time to join their team. In return for your commitment, they offer a competitive salary (based on skill & experience) plus the opportunity to earn bonuses, along with the following benefits:
- Company vehicle provided.
- 23 days of holiday (increasing to 25 after 5 years of service).
- Health Care Cash Plan (after probation).
- Company sick pay support scheme (after probation).
- Employee Assistance Programme (including 1:1 counselling).
- Group Life Assurance – 2x annual salary (after 5 years of service).
- PERKS retailer discount scheme.
Join our client’s winning team and become part of an exciting journey towards growth and success. Please apply online, or call the WSR Team on 01908 616184, we’d love to hear from you!