We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Assistant based in Milton Keynes.
This is a varied role supporting the Head of Finance in a small, busy team, the emphasis will be on flexibility and willingness to get involved in all aspects of the accounting function up to trial balance.
• Preparing payment runs and issuing remittance advice notes
• Reconciling supplier statements
• Answering payment queries from suppliers
• Checking invoices to purchase orders and delivery notes
• Coding and inputting invoices to the purchase ledger
• Taking customer queries when the credit controller is absent
• Setting up new customer accounts
• Credit check customers
Cash & bank
• Maintain cash books (Excel) and journal transactions to the nominal ledger
• Reconciliation cash books to bank statements and to the trial balance
Purchasing office supplies
• Printer cartridges and inks
• Staff travel and hotel bookings
• Checking calculations and approvals of expense claims, including investigating anomalies
• Coding and processing on the accounting system, with careful consideration of VAT rules
• Preparing payments and advising staff of payment
• Completion of credit card expense claims
• Preparation and submission of P11D in conjunction with internal procedures
• Perform vehicle registration documentation checks
• Liaising with fleet management providers on a regular basis
• Management of car accident procedure
• Management of pool cars, including ensuring road worthy condition
• Ensuring car tracker database
• Private mileage reconciliation
The job holder will also assist the Head of Finance in posting a range of journals, various reconciliation and analysis work, liaising with auditors, the bank, HMRC, customers and suppliers and in cash control.
What are we looking for?
Sound and broad-based bookkeeping experience ideally involving work on sales, purchase and nominal ledgers.
Quick learner, capable of understanding new systems and procedures quickly.
SAP experience is essential.
High attention to detail.
Good problem-solving ability and the ability to work to deadlines.
The ability to work as part of a team is important as is a willingness to be flexible and to show initiative.
What is in for you?
•33 days annual leave
• Sell option for annual leave
• Auto enrolment pension scheme of 5% matched by employer
• Brand new offices
• Free parking on site with electric charge points
• Extensive training available
• Healthcare cash plan scheme for all employees after successful probation
• Option for private healthcare scheme for employee and family after successful probation
• Wellness programmes and Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Team building events
• Life assurance
• Home technology salary sacrifice scheme
• Option to purchase a car scheme
• Save and you learn scheme
• Sick pay
• Discounts on personal wills and estates and also home utility products
• Discounted gym memberships and shopping.
If you're interested in applying for this role, please click Apply Now, we'd love to hear from you!